28 September 2012

Friday List!

Sarah's List:

Really, really glad I don't have to learn how to speak English. If you're a native English speaker, a poem to make you feel thankful.



Anyone ever heard of Hippo Paint? Search a picture of anything, and you can paint it. "The web is your coloring book." I literally had to rip the computer away from Adam painting his search for "big noses."


Nice little slideshow on changing names, from The Last Name Project.

Retronaut. I cannot get enough of slightly old pictures. For example, check out the evolution of Richard Scarry's Best Word Book Ever. It's amazing what taking out a few Indian headdresses and adding a few bows will do to modernize a book.


Had our traditional Drunken Risotto this week. I know I said the house chef got the night off for our anniversary, but I lied.

Risotto with speck and goat cheese by nebulux76, on Flickr
Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic License  by  nebulux76 


Totally, totally entranced by these photos. The tiling on the floor, the clunky strollers, the high-tops. It must be 1989.

And I would link to Playboy Magazine's article ranking my alma mater as the #1 Party School, but our employer hosted internet filters out such nonsense as "playboy" and "party school." But I really just wanted to read the article!



Jill's List:

Worked really hard to get this to download.  And it was worth it.  I'm not saying any more right now...

   Shout out to EpiPensThey save people's lives.  If you know you are seriously allergic, or might be seriously allergic to something, GET AN EPI PEN and carry it with you all the time.   End of nurse-rant.  (Thanks, Mom, for shipping EpiPens to the Congo last month....)
 Oh, Goma.
Photo by Emily Cavan Lynch


Some German friends recently told us about these plastic bikes for kids, which they described as "necessary."   Basically, Euro-Big Wheels.
Photo from Babyccino Kids
A fellow teacher brought this magical find to my office (see below) today.  Almost enough to make me start believing in gnomes and fairies.  Ornithology experts - any ideas as to the creator of this kapok-lined nest?
AAANNNND.  Happy, happy almost-birthday to our own Sarah!  Go 30!




1 comment:

  1. Adam makes the best risotto in the world. I want some. Now. Promise me for Christmas, Adam?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...