10 February 2013

Friday List!

Sarah's List:

To nudge the Boy Scouts along a little here's a great photo essay: States of Union. Normal people doing normal things.

Image from www.statesofunion.com.

Hilliary Clinton's resignation letter to President Obama. It's nice and all, but Hillary, can we talk about the typeface, the old fashioned indents and two spaces after each period.

Image from here.

OMG Africa is "adorbs." Instagramming Africa for the OMG Crowd.

Image from here.

Anne of Green Gables gets a makeover. Oh no, no, no, no, no.

--Just showed this photo to Adam who said, "Oh god. That really makes me want to watch it!" Sorry, Adam this is the cover for the book. Anne of Green Gables is foremost a book. And then 5 minutes later he dares to say, "Wait...didn't she have red hair?"

Cover photo of the new edition of Anne of Green Gables from here.

This was my idea for dinner last night. Vetoed by Adam. I guess somebody's gotta be the voice of reason against feeding our kids popcorn for dinner. But it looks so good...

Image from here.

And 46 Reasons My Three Year Old Might Be Freaking Out. So true, so true.



Jill's List:

Enabling my slightly delusional thought process regarding both Le Creuset and aging.

Image from Oh Joy!


It's that time of the year again: sex ed  for my Middle Schoolers.  Loving the anonymous Question Box and practicing saying the word "puberty" without pain with 6th graders.  I'm using a new curriculum for the unit this year.  The same one that New York City public schools use post-"yes, you have to teach about birth control!"- mandate.  So far, so good.

Image from ETR.

These images look like a photojournalist ventured into the slums of Kinshasa.  Yet, it's 1980's America.

Image from American Pictures found here.


When Mama YouYou saw that I had bought a selection of sifting baskets from a departing missionary, she rolled her eyes and asked me exactly what I planned on doing with these things in my house.  Well.  I admit that at the moment, they are serving as Lego storage containers.  Neither classy decorations proving my casual worldliness nor anywhere close to their intended purpose.



So, I've been searching for alternative ideas.  Like this:

Image from here.


Sarah and I really want Mama Congo business cards.  These are inspirational (and appropriate):


And, I'm missing maple syrup this morning.  Candico just doesn't do it for me.



Here's to hoping for a deliciously slow week allowing for luxurious blogging and self-enrichment through Business Statistics.  All that, plus a few hundred games of Spot It! with a certain 6-year old I know...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...